KPMG Digital Treasury Summit #DTRS2022
On October 28, 2022, the KPMG Digital Treasury Summit #DTRS2022 took place in Frankfurt hosting an exciting event for a large number of Treasury leaders.
Our Managing Director, Thomas Tittelbach, participated as exclusive industry expert to share his views on the newly released KPMG Digital Payment Survey 2022.
The survey was created with the input from companies spanning 4 continents across 16 industry sectors.
While certain results were expected, some information can provide valuable insights for the next years:
- While 44 % of companies expect a direct impact on payment channels from evolving business models (e.g. D2C, marketplace), only 24 % actively prepare for the change.
- Less than 20 % of revenues are collected by payments with cards, eWallet, online or crypto currencies.
- 24 % of companies are working with more than 4 payment service providers to collect payments.
- A majority of companies (81 %) consider Treasury departments to be responsible for defining and approving customer payment strategy and governance.
- Online sales, pay-per-use and marketplaces are considered to become the most relevant business models / payment channels over the next five years.
Overall the audience agreed that new technologies will be a game changer allowing the fast enablement of new business models around the globe.
For more information, please reach out to our team at [email protected]